December 22, 2012

0

Nails of the Day + Quick Review

Posted in , ,

So these are my nails:


So these are my nails for today! I am pretty excited for Christmas and I wanted to do something icy and snow inspired. No silly snowmen or Christmas red for me. I started off by painting a super thin coat of Nicole by OPI's "Give Me The 1st Dance" (Justin Bieber Collection) halfway up the nail. It dries super fast and it has amazing pigmentation, so I had to be incredibly careful with the "thin" coat. Then I put a second coat on the tip. This nail polish is so easy to apply. You need two coats and it dries in five minutes (or less!). This is one of my favourite nail polishes simply because I can apply two quick coats and I have virtually no dry-time. The silver foil looks super pretty and futuristic :). I bought the Nicole polish at Shoppers Drug Mart for $3.00 (on sale of course).

Above: Picture by the window
So I finished off the look by applying Essie's "Set in Stones" which is part of the Luxe Effects top coats. I love how it turned out and I received quite a bit of compliments on my nails yesterday! "Set in Stones" has a clear base filled with large and small silver hexagonal glitter and tiny circular micro-glitter. It doesn't take very long to dry, however, the formula is a little bit on the thick side. Overall, it's too pretty to pass up. I did not purchase this polish, my friend's mother is a drug-store supplier and she gives me free nail-polish on occasion.
Give Me the 1st Dance (left) and Set in Stones (Right)


Comment and Subscribe :)

0 comments: